1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remote Desktop - Dual screen PC to single screen remote desktop connection.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by StumpedTechy, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy Thread Starter

Okay I have seen some machines where when you remote desktop into them from a single screen machine to a dual screen machine it will shuffle over all apps to the primary screen and you can keep working. I have seen others that will have dual screens and it will leave the app open on the toolbar but you can't get to it because it is on the 2nd screen and htings don't get shuffled over. Now I have a 3rd type of behavior and I need to figure out why PCs are not all behaving the same.

This new symptom is connecting into a Vista machine that has 2 screens. All the apps themseleves stay on the screen they were left on but the sidebar does squish to the First screen.

Some machines -
    Dual screen app 1 on screen 1 and app 2 on screen 2
    Remote desktop with single screen both apps show on screen 1.

Other machines -
    Remote desktop with single screen show app on screen 1 and app 2 shows in toolbar but you have to close it and reopen it to get it on screen 1.

New symptom Vista machines -
    Remote desktop with single screen show app on screen 1 and app 2 shows in toolbar but you have to close it and reopen it to get it on screen 1 but sidebar.exe shuffles to screen 1.

Ultimately I would like them all to behave like the top option but I don't know where you force this behavior.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!