1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remote desktop over the network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by omniflare, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omniflare

omniflare Thread Starter

hey guys, is there a way to get into the registry of a computer on my network and change it to "yes" so i dont have to go to each computer and check it to allow remote desktop connections.I dont want all of them to have it checked but id like it so i can remote in when i want to.
    any thoughts?

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Try regedt32, it only opens 2 hives, but perhaps that's enough. Go to Registry and Select Computer, enter computer name. Also make sure to close that registry or it will try to open it everytime you run regedt32.

3. omniflare

omniflare Thread Starter

Well i know that, but i guess i was asking for a more specific entry i can go into to change it from 0 to 1 or something so i can just hit its name in the directory, instaed of having to huff it dwn there check all of the machines and come back. i might as well just fix the problem when im there the first time!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/229246

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice