1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

remote desktop software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by oojimmyflip, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oojimmyflip

oojimmyflip Thread Starter

Hi, I have been looking for some remote destop software that will blank the screen of the customers computer, obviously I dont them to see what I'm doing.

Has anyone got any suggestions please?

Thank You in advance.

Nigel.:)

2. cdwyer55

cdwyer55

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

UltraVNC will do that. Which I recommended to you in a previous post!

4. oojimmyflip

squashman,

thank you for that but ultra VNC does seem to be very complex.

regards Nigel

5. Squashman

Adobe Professional seemed pretty complex to me when I first started using it too. Just about any software does. Hell the new version of Office scares the hell out of me. I hate that ribbon bar.

This is my biggest gripe with people and computers. People think that just because it is a computer they shouldn't have to think for themselves and learn how to use the software.

Crossloop is more of a remote assistance program than a remote desktop program. Yes they do the same thing in theory by letting you see the remote desktop but Cross Loop isn't going to let you remote into the computer unless someone gives you permission to do so.

If you wanted remote assistance software I would have recommend a whole different set of utilities.

Zolved
    TeamViewer
    UltraVNC SingleClick (Probably too complicated for you because you won't read the manual, so stay away from this one.)
    UltraVNC PcHelpWare (Same goes for this one)

6. oojimmyflip

Squashman,

funjny you shoud mention the manual Ive been reading that and it doesnt seem to bad to set up.

I tend to disagree with your disgruntled state about software, programs should be easy to use because not everyone is a geek.

Its like antivirus programs that steal your attachments before you get a chance to see them, the settings are often so complex its a whole new learnning curve.

Thats why I now remain loyal to Kasperksky internet security, Ive learnt how to tweak the program.

I do appreciate your help and I am reviewing many different options so thank you for your time.

regards Nigel.

7. Squashman

Posted via Mobile Device
    I don't let email touch my computer. I have been using web based email for at least 9 years.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/848038

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice