Remote Desktop/Web Connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Beardo

Right a few questions here. Currently I have a internet connection supplied by a cable modem, this connects to a Linksys 54g Wireless Broadband Router. I have a laptop running XP Home and a PC running XP Pro. I can access the XP Pro Machine easily via RDC client in XP Home when connected to my network however I want to connect to it when I am not connected to my network. I have an Idea of how to do this but don't really understand all the lingo.

So far I think that I can access it via the Web (Internet Explorer) or RDC Client. To this I have to enter the IP Address my Router is being given (as given by whatismyip.com) in RDC client and the same in internet explorer but with the port extension: for example if my IP address is 84.196.2.34 and the port is 3389 then I would enter in int
ernet explorer the following: 84.196.2.34:3389. Is this correct as I can't get it to work?

Secondly I think its my router that causes the trouble. If someone has a linksys router can they please tell me what to put into the router to allow it to connect to this computer

Many Thanks
Stuart Beard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online