1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remote desktop Web Connection

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by trev72, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trev72

trev72 Thread Starter

I have installed remote desktop web connection on my windows 2000 server. I am able to get to the log on screen but when I enter the server I.P and try and connect I get the message that the server maybe by too busy to accept connections, It may not be set up to accept connections or that their maybe a networking problem. I have forward the folowing ports 3389, 80, 4125 and 443. I have also tested it from several different pcs outside the lan with no result. This works perfectly from inside my lan might I add does anybody have any ideas?

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

did you forward the port you specified in the TCP Port field in Internet Information Services as well?

3. trev72

trev72 Thread Starter

Yeah I believe its port 80 specified by default which I have forwarded. I get the remote services log in screen to which I can enter a server. Upon entering the server and connecting I get the error message. I've even checked with sheilds up and both ports 3389 and 80 are open

4. trev72

trev72 Thread Starter

When I try to use remote desktop over the internet I get the same message. Ok my next question is what do you need to do to be able to remote desktop to a Windows 2000 server machine via terminal services

5. trev72

trev72 Thread Starter

To Sum it up basicly I can view the TS webpage over the net but when I enter the server IP address and hit connect I get the error that It maybe be busy and the other stuff I have stated. I even tried enabling the guest account and the internet guest account

6. cgesicki

cgesicki

try hitting connect without entering the server's ip when u get to the TS webpage dont enter anything where it states server just hit connect

7. trev72

trev72 Thread Starter

Already tried that as well same message

8. cgesicki

cgesicki

on your server under services, is the terminal services service started?

9. trev72

trev72 Thread Starter

Yeah, I can connect via remote desktop inside my lan just not over the net port 3389 is forwarded

10. cgesicki

cgesicki

what kind of router you using? If its a home type of router, the home router is running a web server too to get to its admin page. That could be causing a conflict. I would suggest changing the default port in IIS to something other than 80 and then try connecting like this URL http://ipaddress: port/tsweb/. For example, if your IP address is 192.168.1.120, and you chose the TCP Port 1374, you would enter the URL http://192.168.1.120:1374/tsweb/.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!