Remote desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nvrsummer2

I have just discovered the joys of remote desktop in my home network! I am regularly tasked with fixing my father-in-laws PC for very minor things. I was wondering what it would take to be able to use RD to access his system? I need to run adware and clean up and stuff like that.
What does it take just in general to connect to someones comp?

He has verizon FIOS and hes behind a router......

ok srry to bother you again but is it possible for a Vista to XP connection, or a XP to Vista?

nvrsummer2

My father-inlaws computer is running XP-Home. When I went to his house, the tab for remote only contained the allow remote assistance option the rest was blank. One of these systems needs to be XP pro right. I have that as well on another system.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
To remote into a windows XP computer it needs to be running Pro. If you want to remote into a XP Home computer you can use anyone of the many VNC flavors.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online