remote into Linux machine

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gurutech

I recently switched my main computer over to Linux (from Win8), and everything is working fine, except that when I would remote into the computer from my other computer (running Win7), it was much faster when running Win8. Since I upgraded to Linux, I can connect, but the screen refreshes at a much slower rate, even over the same connection (LAN speed).

Anyone know of any settings either on the Win7 side or on the Linux server side that I can change to speed things up?

Which Linux distro are you using ? There are some distros made specifically for older machines. For example, Fedora has it's flagship distro using Gnome, but it also has 2 lighter versions one using LXDE. and the other using Xfce.

gurutech

My server is running Centos 6.4 64-bit. The only thing that has changed on this computer is the OS - I had Win8.1 installed previously, but have since turned that into a VM and installed Centos in its place.

gurutech

OK, I seem to have made it a little better, but still not as fast as it was when I would remote into Win8.

I sent the client side to automatically detect the connection speed. It was set for LAN (10mb+), and even though I have a full gigabit connection to the outside world (theoretical, of course), and within my own home network, it was still slowing down. I guess now it's at least accounting for network lag.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online