1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remote offices

Discussion in 'Networking' started by novice973, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. novice973

novice973 Thread Starter

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes.

I work in a small office of 4 people in NJ. My boss is moving the company to TX. There is going to be 1 entry level staff in TX. I will stay in NJ and my boss is moving to FL. Do you have any good suggestions for remote offices? I am a bit wary about putting everything in the cloud. I am also the jack of all trades in the office. I install programs, PC resolutions, etc. So, here is what I think.

Everyone will have a new PC at their own site. They will be responsible for maintaining their PC. All exisiting PCs remain in NJ. Everyone uses LogMEIn or something similar to remote to their PC. This way, the important PCs can remain under my control.

Is this a crazy idea? What is a better solution.

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice