1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remote Printing Problems on Wireless Network

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by doodler, Feb 8, 2005.

?

Has anyone else experienced this problem or solved it?

Poll closed Feb 22, 2005.
  1. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, experienced it, but didn't solve it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, experienced it and solved it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doodler

doodler Thread Starter

I have been sending print jobs from a Dell laptop to an Epson Stylus Color 740 printer that is plugged into a PC clone desktop via a wireless network (Microsoft MN-500 Base Station). Recently the Epson printer has been failing to print through this remote wireless connection. Sometimes the printer doesn't work at all when it is turned on -- the print head slams back hard two times and the "paper out" light comes on and blinks. Sometimes this problem is fixed variously by turning the printer off then back on, changing the default setting on the printer driver, or rebooting the desktop machine. Other times the printer works correctly while printing documents sent from the desktop machine, but will not print jobs sent from the laptop through the wireless network/router. I have tried adding/deleting printer drivers on both the desktop and laptop, but that didn't correct the problem. I have also tried selecting shared printing on the drivers of both machines, but that also had no effect. Sometimes when I get a printer error message I also get a Windows XP error message on the desktop machine that displays a list of MS Outlook contacts with the first line reading "out=<contact email address>"
    I seem to remember enabling remote printing when I first installed the software for wireless networking on both machines, but I don't remember how the drivers were set up. I have not been able to find any solutions in the wireless users manuals, Windows XP help instructions or on the MS web site. When I called the toll-free number in the MN-500 users manual I ended up at an MSN help desk in Buenos Aires, Argentina, where they told me they didn't have a Microsoft phone directory available to help me find the new MS Broadband Networking help phone -- which made me laugh outloud. I am unable to perform a "system restore" on the desktop machine because my son disabled that function for some unknown reason.

Would really appreciate any help anyone could provide.

Thanks, doodler

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328379

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice