1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remote printing via WXP remote desktop web connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by vat69, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vat69

vat69 Thread Starter

I've recently installed wireless at home and run 2 pc's on it, accessing the web via Comcast broadband. All works well when accessing my office PC via XP's 'Remote access web connection'. I can transfer files between office & home and print to machines that are configured on the host (office) to LPT & COM ports.
    Last week I replaced my ageing Epson C80 home printer with a new HP Deskjet 5850 wireless printer. It works great and I can print from my 2 home pc's via wireless.
    What I can't figure out is how to configure it on my office host pc so that it can see it via RAWC. I've tried adding a port with the printers IP Address but that doesn't work. Have also tried HP's web sights as well as Wxp's but I guess the wireless printer is too new. Any ideas anyone ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/282430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice