1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remote Procedure Call Error Shut down-Help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by OldMission, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldMission

OldMission Thread Starter

I have Dell Dimention 4550 computer
    windows XP service pack 3
    I have Mcafee antivirus that is up to date
    all windows updates are kept up to date.
    I have verizon wireless internet that is not very fast.

I keep getting this error Remote Procedure Call NT Authority System and a shut down timer of 60
    seconds. I google this and it says its a worm, but my antivirus does not detect anything and was up
    to date and all my windows updates are up to date.

I can get this count down to stop by doing the Run and Shutdown -a, but it keeps popping up
    and I cannot access any of my programs, go online, do system restore, change any settings, save
    any pictures to CD or move any files around. My start button and task bar are missing as well but
    I can get them to show up if I click on my screen show desktop, it suddenly shows up.
    Pretty much cant do anything at all. Tried in safe mode and still the same problems.
    I have tried all the steps suggested for this worm, but nothing works, Almost everything I click on the computer
    there is no response, pages wont open, programs wont run, settings wont change, ect. I dont know if this is even a
    virus?

I just need to save all my pictures, the rest I dont care about.
    I have another computer I can use that is working fine but all my important info and pics are on the
    computer not working. I tried to save the pics to CD and it wont work.
    Please help I never print pictures and they are all on my computer, I knew better but never got around to
    saving them all since I just have so many it was overwhelming. My kids whole life growing up is on there.

I took the computer to a computer guy and he said he could not do anything to even get it from shutting down
    in 60 seconds or get the taskbar up and I was screwed and there was nothing I could do except wipe it all clean, but just googling the info I got further then he did and got the timer to stop and got the taskbar to show up and I know nothing.

Stephanie

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice