Removal of programs not in Add/Remove Section

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sandrag772

I downloaded four "Little programs" that I thought were going to be helpful in managing my computer. "Wrong"!!! I do not know how to get rid of them. Can anyone help? They are : (1)File Repository (2)Kazzabegon-remove this (3) clientkeys-pdf . I do not want to go into my registry unless I absolutely have to . Any help would be appreciated. I am a 67 yr. old, self taught" computer wobbler. " Doing things shouldn't do and getting myself in a mess. Thank you!

sandrag772

Thank you for the recommendation. I have just completed using the program and it does not even bring up the files I am concerned with. It's Read Me File tells me that this can be the case and I would need to contact the author of the software I want to uninstall. That's great except I do not know who the author of the programs is. Now where am I ???
Also, there were a few other programs which came up with the Uninstaller Program that I would have liked to uninstall but was not able to do so. Think I am in a mess , what do you all think? Appreciate any and all suggestions.
Sandy

Have a look at Add/Remove Pro, it's free and not a big download if it doesn't help; http://www.superwin.com/index.htm

I'm not familiar with any of the programs you mention but I do know that some don't have a built in installer/uninstaller. If you check in Windows Explorer and look in the 'Program Files' on your hard drive, can you find files or folders mentioning the three programs?

If you do have a vague idea of the program names, a tool like Google Desktop Search will help you find the relevant files/folders. Then you can simply navigate to those folders with Windows Explorer and delete them.

sandrag772

Thank you, I sure will try that. If it is that simple, I'll go jump in the closest river. Seriously, thank you very much.
Sandy

sandrag772

TOGG said:
Have a look at Add/Remove Pro, it's free and not a big download if it doesn't help; http://www.superwin.com/index.htm

I'm not familiar with any of the programs you mention but I do know that some don't have a built in installer/uninstaller. If you check in Windows Explorer and look in the 'Program Files' on your hard drive, can you find files or folders mentioning the three programs?
I did try and these do not come up in the Programs on the hard drive. Thank you very much for your help
Sandy

I am aware that there are some 'programs' or 'applications'that do not, in fact, get installed in the ususal way but simply run when they are doubleclicked and then close when finished.

Such a program probably would not show up in Add/Remove and could probably be removed by locating them in Windows Explorer and deleting them as V0id suggests. There could be some risk in proceeding in that way if a folder you delete is using files 'shared' with another application and the shared file(s) gets deleted as well. Unfortunately, I do not know enough to quantify how much of a risk there may be, assuming that there is such a risk.

If you didn't find any trace of the three items you refer to in Explorer, do they show up if you do a 'Find all Files' search of your hard drive? I am particularly interested in the one with the 'pdf' suffix, because they are usually only text documents downloaded from a website (perhaps instructions for using a program?) which could simply be deleted and sent to your Recycle bin.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online