1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Removal of SP3?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by HandleX, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandleX

HandleX Thread Starter

A while back I installed a fresh copy of Microsoft Windows XP Pro preloaded with SP3. At the time i did not notice that it was preloaded, i am now having issues and have loaded numerous amounts of data onto my pc.

So far my search to remove sp3 without previous service packs or upgrades have not been good.

I was wondering if there is a way to removing/downgrading the sp3 from windows xp even though there is no history of previous service packs or upgrades? Or will i have to reinstall this os with sp2 to fix my problem?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If SP3 was included with the Windows install, you can't remove it. If you post more information on the problems you're experiencing, I'm sure we can offer some assistance. I wouldn't think all the problems would be caused by SP3.

3. hrlow2

hrlow2

Sorry to hear about your problem, but I am pretty much in the same boat. I had lost System Restore on my machine(posted here and elsewhere) but could not get resolved. Decided to do complete reinstall. Could not find disk. Was Home XP with SP2. Bought new OEM disk and installed. Found out later SP3 was preinstalled. Had been keeping away from it at Windows Updates because I did not want it. Now(thanks to DoubleHelixs answer to you, I know that I am stuck with it. Good luck on your problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/760630

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice