1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Removal of urge.dll

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Allan Murray, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Allan Murray

Allan Murray Thread Starter

I hae been having trouble with some programme causing Com Surrogate to stop working.
    MS have finally come up with an answer: Deinstall URGE and remove urge.dll from your computer. I have managed the first. How do I do the second? Allan.

2. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

Do a search for urge.dll to find any file called urge.dll, then delete it.

3. Allan Murray

Thank you for your reply. Could you please explain: I have done Start, Search, Urge.dll and the only thing it turns up is your own post. Or do you mean Run command etc. If the latter, please give step by step. I am not very confident in registry. Allan.

4. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

How did my post get into the search results of your computer ? Try unregistering the urge.dll as well.

5. Allan Murray

This is no help. I simply do not know what it means. Some of us are slow. Allan

6. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

Open My computer > Open the drive where you think urge.dll is > Click search at the top > Type urge.dll in the filename textbox, in the pane on the left > Click search and wait for the results. You can then delete any results you want to. If you want to unregister a dll you need to type "regsvr32 /u filename.dll" into the run box, without the quotes and replacing filename.dll with urge.dll or whichever .dll you want to unregister.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752316

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice