1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Removal of WeatherBlink

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by haplyss, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. haplyss

haplyss Thread Starter

I have a Gateway computer, 64 bit, DX4822-01, with Intel pentium E5300 Dual Core, 2.6GHZ each, 6GB ram, and 1TB HDD, running Windows 7 Home Premium x 64 bit.

I downloaded WeatherBlink toolbar, and then tried to completely uninstall it. The toolbar was removed, and the WeatherBlink Toolbar no longer is found in control panel add/remove list. However, I found two files for this residing in c:\program files (x86) with command prompt. They are gcres.dll and gcUninstall WeatherBlink.dll. When I tried to delete them I got access denied.

I tried to download TSG SysInfo, but was stopped by computer, as unsafe....???

Does anyone know how to remove these files?

Any help will be greatly appreciated and thank you,

haplyss

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

3. haplyss

haplyss Thread Starter

I certainly thank you for the unlocker. That enabled me to remove all but one remaining in the registry. That is hklm\support\WeatherBlink. Will you tell me where I may find this file?:rolleyes:

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

That's a registry key, not a file. If you're not familiar with the registry, don't make any changes.

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

What's the exact registry path?

6. jandttech

jandttech Banned

try toolbar cleaner

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1046239