1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

remove administrator account from welcome screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tony007, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tony007

tony007 Banned Thread Starter

I am giving my son one of my computers, he has a girl friend and daughter who will also be using the pc. He has asked me to make a seperate desktop for each of them. I have done this through user accounts. When I boot up I get the 3 accounts on the welcome screen plus the default administrator account, can anyone tell me how to get rid of this from the welcome screen. I have tried doing it from administrative tools but I could not figure out how it is done.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

When you go into user accounts in Control Panel does it show up there?

3. tony007

Yes I have administrator, jimmy,paula,teri leigh and guest in user accounts.

4. bonk

bonk Banned

If you click on Administrator then on the left can you not delete it....But be sure you have made someone a Administrator first before you do it.

5. tony007

I've tried that I am told that another computer administrator has to delete the account so I made jimmy a computer administrator but when I left click on administrator from logged on jimmys account I do not get an option on the left to delete an account. All I get is change another account or create a new account

6. bonk

bonk Banned

Have a look here

Click Start, click Run, and type control userpasswords2 click OK

See what permissions you have.

7. mike5532g

mike5532g

Perhaps this will work, go to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and download #5 Enable/Disable Administrator on Welcome Screen To use the VBS Files: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double
    click the vbs file. You will be prompted when the script is done.

8. tony007

Bonk I went there, I think I could most probably remove accounts from there as there is a remove box,but I have not done so because since I shut down last night and rebooted this morning the problem seems to have fixed itself maybe a restart was all that was needed. Thanks I'll remember the run box next time. MIKE 5532g that is a very interesting site I have saved it to my favourites where I will have a detailed look later. Thanks.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543808