1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Remove Advast

Discussion in 'General Security' started by dano_61, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dano_61

dano_61 Thread Starter

Hello

I am having issues with Avast anti virus UI failed to load, leaving me unsecured , it happens everyday
    I have switched to Panda but when i try to remove Avast from my computer it takes forever.
    I tried Avastclear in safe mode all night in the morning still not removed.
    Can i leave it or should I remove it if possible

Thank you

Dan

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Usually avastclear is what we recommend. But since it didnt work for you, you may try Revo Uninstaller Free and see how that works out.

3. dano_61

dano_61 Thread Starter

Thank you lunarlander

That program redirected me to Avastremoval which is what i tried already

4. dano_61

dano_61 Thread Starter

Could it be that I downloaded Panda, would that interfere with the removal of Avast

5. TOGG

TOGG

It is possible that attempts by two different AV programs to 'control' a computer could lead to clashes that might include interference in things like uninstallers.

As you have, apparently,tried Avast's own removal tool and Revo without success, you could look at the tool provided by Eset, and see if it can help;https://support.eset.com/kb3527/ Obviously, Eset would like you to replace the AV you uninstall with one of their products but it's not compulsory! If you do try to use it, it would be a good idea to have the Panda .exe file available so that you can get the new program installed as soon as possible.

I should make it clear that I have not used the Eset tool myself and so cannot guarantee that it will be effective. I am just a satisfied user of Eset programs and have no financial incentive to recommend their products.

6. dano_61

dano_61 Thread Starter

Hi Togg

Thanks for responding, I was able to remove iy using IObit uninstaller

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice