1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

remove apple application support

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by etaf, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. etaf

etaf Moderator Thread Starter

First Name:
    Wayne
    I was working on a XP PC today - which would not run a CAD/CAM program acrocad 8.1 or something
    any It needed Quicktime to run
    The user had uninstalled iTunes and then our problems began

cannot install itunes because it complained of Apple Application Support being an old version
    and i could not uninstall Itunes / quicktime from Add/Remove programs

so i used Revo uninstaller to remove itunes, and application support and bonjour

when installing itunes version 11 (32bit) it complains of apple application support being an old version
    even though its removed using revo
    but when I restart revo - it appears in the list again

I cant get online with the PC - as the user does not have internet - uses a smart phone and tethering - which also does not work

any advice ?

2. mpeet611

mpeet611

I might be able to help you out. I just upgraded my copy of itunes to the newest version & one of the installers that was downloaded from apple's software update program was for apple application support & it's the newest version. If you want i can put it in a zip folder & attach it to a post for you to use. The only installer i could find on apple's site is the regular itunes installer which should include the newest version of apple application support.

3. etaf

First Name:
    Wayne
    i have the new version - its complaining that an OLD version is on the PC and cannot be removed :(

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

And that is why I refuse to touch/support ANY PC that has Apple software on it.
    It is nigh on impossible to remove it without a re-install of Windows, which I have always wondered if it is deliberate.

5. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

The current version of iTunes is 12.1. Did you try that? Or did you try reinstalling whatever version was on there before? What version of iTunes and QuickTime does this AcroCAD software require? I searched for it, but it seems to be very old.

6. etaf

First Name:
    Wayne
    Yes it is very old - I tried the latest version and the last version of 32bit file
    itunes was only recently installed - in the last couple of months - by his granddaughter - and he decided to remove to clear up some space and thats when it all went wrong
    the autocad program only needs quicktime to work

7. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

So the granddaughter probably installed a new version of QuickTime which probably isn't compatible with an ancient version of software. And now you're trying to install old versions of both iTunes and QuickTime? What does this old app need?

8. etaf

First Name:
    Wayne
    yes, probably need to remove them all again - and see if i can get an old version of quicktime installed
    thanks for all the help

9. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

It might help to know exactly what software your customer needs to use. I'm sure several of us have sandboxes we could test it with before you make changes with the customer's system.

10. etaf

First Name:
    Wayne
    Thanks I will take some notes - next time i see home

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!