remove application from start

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JerryRes

Hi,
maybe this will sound funny...
I have an application that starts every time I boot my PC.
I don't know how to remove it. I already checked STARTUP folder,
checked Load application/autoexec, config (using msconfig), but it still there.
Any ideas?
TIA.
Jerry

JerryRes

I already checked Startup Tab and the application is WinEdit (editor)
Thanks

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
So, I take it, you have this program installed on your computer, correct?

If so, open the program and go to the options, configuration, etc. there must be a setting to start each time windows loads.

JerryRes

Yes, it is installed on my PC, but there is nothing in a program options related to start.
It should be something else.
Thanks.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Try this and post the results....it has to be called from somewhere.

Start button, run, then type msinfo32 and hit ok....go to the software environment, startup programs, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

Also, take a look here:

Start button, run, then type sysedit and hit ok....look at the win.ini and system.ini for any lines like load= or run=

JerryRes

Norton System Doctor Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Norton Utilities\SYSDOC32.EXE" /STARTUP
Acrobat Assistant Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe"
Taskbar Display Controls Registry (Per-User Run) RunDLL deskcp16.dll,QUICKRES_RUNDLLENTRY
NC Scheduler Registry (Per-User Run) C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC\NORTON COMMANDER\NC_SCHED.EXE /Hide
ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
TaskMonitor Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\taskmon.exe
SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
POINTER Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\MSHARD~1\point32.exe
LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
NDPS Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\SYSTEM\dpmw32.exe
WinampAgent Registry (Machine Run) "C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMPa.exe"
mdac_runonce Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\runonce.exe
ETraffic Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\topMoxie\JavaRun.exe /cp:p "C:\Program Files\topMoxie" com.ETraffic.ETProxy.ETMain
NAV DefAlert Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\DEFALERT.EXE
Norton Auto-Protect Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NAVAPW32.EXE /LOADQUIET
NPROTECT Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
AutoShutdown Registry (Machine Service) C:\WINDOWS\pssvc.exe
LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
Workstation Scheduler Registry (Machine Service) C:\novell\client32\wm95.exe
ANETIKE Registry (Machine Service) C:\PROGRAM FILES\CISCO SYSTEMS\VPN 3000 CLIENT\ANETIKE.EXE start
DNE DUN Watchdog Registry (Machine Service) rundll dnes.dll,DnDneCheckDUN13
DNE Binding Watchdog Registry (Machine Service) rundll dnes.dll,DnDneCheckBindings
SchedulingAgent Registry (Machine Service) mstask.exe
ScriptBlocking Registry (Machine Service) "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Script Blocking\SBServ.exe" -reg

I've checked before ol LOAD... in win and sys INI files. Nothing is there.
Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.