1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows Concerns

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Jack_Attack_16, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack_Attack_16

Jack_Attack_16 Thread Starter

I just bought a new Samsung Laptop and it is full of preloaded applications. I would like to have a clean start to Windows 8 and would like to use the option: Remove everything an reinstall Windows. The computer did not come with any discs but I did make a recovery disc when I first got the machine. Will this remove everything including the bloatware/Norton? And will a recovery disc work if it asks for an installation disc? Thanks for any help the may lead to me starting clean with windows 8.

2. bbearren

bbearren

It is likely that the recovery disk you made will boot you into a hidden recovery partition on your laptop which will then return the laptop to its as-new condition, complete with all the bloatware, etc.

Perhaps another Samsung owner can elucidate further.

Can you supply the model number and version of your laptop?

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    As mentioned the recovery disc will likely put back everything or just about everything so running it likely won't help you.

You can use this program to remove any trial or bloatware: http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/

But any other Samsung utilities or programs may actually be required for proper functionality of the laptop.

Which programs are you most concerned about removing?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083279

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice