Remove fan starter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chris0147

Hi all,

I need your help. I have got a problem with my old fan as the plastic where the holes goes on the corners of the fan they has been snapped, so I would like to remove the fan starter with the pcb to put it on the new fan case. Is that possible to do that?

Here is what it look like:

I have tried to get them off but it won't come out. I would like to know how I can get them off so I can put them on the new fan case.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

managed

Allan
If you get a new fan it will have the thing in your picture built-in. Or am I missing something ?

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Computer fans don't have starters, that's the motor. When you buy a new fan it's a complete unit, there's nothing you can or should be swapping.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online