1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remove fan starter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chris0147, Jul 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris0147

chris0147 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I need your help. I have got a problem with my old fan as the plastic where the holes goes on the corners of the fan they has been snapped, so I would like to remove the fan starter with the pcb to put it on the new fan case. Is that possible to do that?

Here is what it look like:

[​IMG]

I have tried to get them off but it won't come out. I would like to know how I can get them off so I can put them on the new fan case.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    If you get a new fan it will have the thing in your picture built-in. Or am I missing something ?

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Computer fans don't have starters, that's the motor. When you buy a new fan it's a complete unit, there's nothing you can or should be swapping.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213808

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice