Tech Support Guy banner

Remove Formatting Does Not Work For Pasted Text

Solved 
1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  2twenty2 
#1 ·
One of the games I play in the Thread Games forum deals with movie titles. I search at www.imdb.com to find suitable titles for entries. I then open the page for one of the movie titles in the results, highlight the title and copy it. When I paste it into a new post in the game, the text is larger and bold as compared to the default text. It is also has a large space above it and is sometimes indented. If I use the cursor to select all that I can and click the Remove Formatting button on the far left of the editor, nothing changes. If I click on the gear icon to Toggle BB code, my pasted entry changes to something like this. I am using the current version of Firefox and it does not appear to have any options for pasting unformatted text.

Code:
[B]Tell Them I'm Sorry[/B]

#4 ·
Remove Formatting seems to be working properly for me as well. Maybe you have some kind of security software that's preventing the JavaScript from running? I would think that would also break other toolbar buttons, though...

#9 ·
I guess BB code may be enabled in the editor because I see a row of emojis below the text box. I did a search on IMDB and copied the complete movie title and pasted it below. It is very large as shown in the attached screen cap. I will now click the "Post reply" button and see what happens.
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999)

Attachments

#10 ·
I have attached a screencap of the post. It looks like some of the formatting went away, so I guess it just looks funky in the editor window, but OK in the actual post.

2twenty2, I copied the "Featured today" text from the IMDB page and pasted it in the post editing screen here and it looked OK. I suspect the Firefox is picking up some of IMDB's invisible formatting when I copy the movie title and date and includes it when pasting.

I think I can live with toggling BB formating off when doing these kinds of pastes and then manually deleting the extra tags.

Thank you for looking into this Karen, Mike, and 2twenty2. (y)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.