1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remove frames from rtf document

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by HowdeeDoodee, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HowdeeDoodee

HowdeeDoodee Thread Starter

I have a series of rtf files with columns of text. The columns of text are in frames with two frames side by side on each page. There are thousands of pages like this. Is there a way to remove all frames from the document and still keep the text formatting of the document that was inside each frame? Is there, perhaps, a macro to do this frame removal. I am aware I can remove each frame, individually by clicking on the frame, clicking format, clicking remove. However, with thousands of pages and even more thousands of frams, I need a more efficient way of converting the whole document.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

2. The Villan

The Villan

Can you put a small example up here so that we can see what you are dealing with. Obviously, you should remove any sensitive information.

3. HowdeeDoodee

Well, I tried to paste in three text boxes or frames in this response attempt but all the frames are removed along with other formatting. If you have Word, you can create the frames or text boxes on a page. What I am dealing with is frames, not text boxes. Thanks for the response.

4. The Villan

The Villan

OK
    If I have got you right, you need to click on Format, Frames, Frame Properties,Border

and then you can turn off all borders by clicking on the option - No Borders.

Leaves pages looking the same.

Sorry if it isn't the solution.

5. HowdeeDoodee

I found the answer. Select the frame or frams and hit Ctrl + Q.

6. The Villan

The Villan

Great glad you solved it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/451231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice