remove from startup?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

golfman

can someone please tell me how to disable a couple of programs from my startup. i usually take them out by running "msconfig" and choosing "startup" then uncheck the ones i dont want in there. there are 2 programs though that it doesnt work for - i uncheck them and when i restart they load anyway and when i check the startup they have a checkmark beside them again. the progs are "calrem"(calendar reminder shortcut) and "Wkdetect"(microsoft works update detection). thanks.

Hi golfman,
Try right clicking the icon of each program by the clock. See if there is an options selection or something similar. Sometimes programs have "load at startup" check boxes in their options. Or try opening the program and finding some sort of options selection.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online