1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

remove Linksys wireless software

Discussion in 'Networking' started by peep2007, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. peep2007

peep2007 Thread Starter

How do I remove the software for Linksys WUSB54G wireless from my husband's Sony Vaio with windows XP? I have tried the remove program in control panel with no luck. I have searched every file with the Linksys name, and removed what I could, but when I try to delete the driver it says the location is unavailable. When I try to delete the Wireless network monitor I get a similar message. avlWusb54Gv4.dll cannot be removed. Access denied. I have unchecked the "read only" box in properties, and that didn't help. HELP! We aren't using this wireless on this computer any more but we are often barraged with illegal access error messages when we start the computer. Please help if you can. This is SO annoying!

2. comprookie20

comprookie20

I think you are in the wrong forum. I would install linux on the entire drive.:eek:
    Or you could try and reinstall it then try to uninstall it from add/remove.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Sometimes it helps to reinstall the software and then try uninstalling it.

4. Atchzien

Atchzien

sounds like the computer is still using the program in the backround processes for some reason either find it on the list end process then try to delete it, or down load a nifty little program called killbox its on download.com this program will allow you to delete any file even it it is being used you can also set it to create a file with the same name and at the same time delete the real one and then delete the decoy it created its a handy program if youve managed to get a registry type virus or trojan.

5. golddust

golddust

You may have compounded the problem by trying to remove it in 'bits and pieces'. Re-install and then try to uninstall via Add/Remove.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Suggestions to switch to Linux are not useful here, please refrain from posting if you have no useful suggestions. :rolleyes:

7. comprookie20

comprookie20

8. JohnWill

9. asdfg12345

asdfg12345

cleanreg.rar

Attached Files:

10. asdfg12345

asdfg12345

here you go

Attached Files:

11. JohnWill

This is a year old thread, I think the problem must be resolved by now, I'm going to close it.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544793

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice