1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remove Netzero's Start Up Page

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by missKafka, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. missKafka

missKafka Thread Starter

Every time I connect to Netzero, IE always opens and loads netzero's start up page. In IE, my homepage is set to about:blank and I have Firefox set as my default browser. When I was using an earlier version of Netzero I know that I somehow changed it so that the start up page wouldn't automatically pop up, but I can't remember how on earth I did it.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can stop Netzero's start up page from automatically loading?

I only use Firefox and have dial up so its really annoying when I have to wait for IE to pop-up and start loading just so I can then close IE, switch to Firefox and then actually browse the web. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Sponsor

3. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi and Welcome to TSG,

Have you tried:

If you are using Internet Explorer go to the menu bar, click on tools then Internet Options, select the General Tab and then in the Home Page area enter a new page for the home page or browse to the page you want and click on Use Current.

If you are using Firefox or any similar browser go to the menu bar click on Tools, then Options, from the Tab select Main, the in the Startup / Home Page area enter a new page URL or browse to a page you like and click Use Current Page.

Richard

4. missKafka

missKafka Thread Starter

I have no problem setting a different homepage. After I'm connected to Netzero and then open another IE window, it loads on about:blank. However, when Netzero first connects, it overrides the about:blank setting and loads their own start up page. Somehow Netzero seems to be overriding my homepage setting and loading their own homepage. So I suppose I'm asking if there's anyway I can override Netzero overriding my settings.

5. VistaRookie

VistaRookie

I had NetZero free for a backup years ago.
    You should be able to do either of these.

1) Stop the NetZero page from loading completely (by clicking the stop button
    on IE)(By pressing Esc).

2) Press the Home button on IE.

Can't help you with FF. Don't use it.

6. missKafka

missKafka Thread Starter

The page stops loading if I press the stop button or home button, however, I really want to not have the page load in the first place. Netzero automatically makes their own page load in IE the moment I'm connected to the internet and I want this to not happen. It's not so much making the page stop loading as it is making the page never load in the first place. Thanks though

7. VistaRookie

VistaRookie

Best I could offer - I never attempted disabling it.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!