1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remove Pre-installed Windows 8 and Install Windows 7 Home Basic

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by spinning, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spinning

spinning Thread Starter

Hi

I just bought a Dell 15z 5523 Ultrabook (i7-3517U Processor, 8GB DDR 3 1600 Mhz RAM, 256 GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB card etc.) pre-installed with Windows 8, not PRO.

I have been using it for a couple of weeks and I just hate it. I know I know, some of us don't want to learn new things or be forced to change our ways just because of some corporate's whim....

That being said, I have searched quite a bit online, and still haven't found a reliable resource which can help me remove Windows 8 completely and install Windows 7 Home Basic. Have received a lot of contradictory advise.

Dell did not give me a Windows 8 installation disk. Just a drivers CD. I have the old Windows 7 Home Basic installation disk and drivers. Also, I have already activated 8.

If someone asks me to stick with Windows 8 or give benefits of 8 over 7 or tell me to install stuff like Classic Shell it would be a total waste...

Can someone give me a step by step guide or a link which has everything explained?

Regards

Spinning

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    First, where did you get this OLD Windows 7 Home Basic install disk?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090175

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice