Remove stored information

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

areetz

I have a new computer, and would like to donate my old one to a charity. How can I clean it to make certain that no one can pull up old information such as bank and/or brokerage accounts? I am willing to purchase a moderately priced product that will guarantee that any information currently stored on the computer will no longer be available.

Does the computer have to be in working condition when you give it away. I mean working condition as in does the operating system have to be loaded?

There is a program called DBAN on the internet, it is free, and it does a mini DOD (Department of Defense) wife on the drive. This will get rid of all information on the drive.

If you do not do this, anyone with a little skill and the right software can pull back deleted information on your system.

Shane

Hi,

to be sure that all the information on ur hard gone forever......
make zero format to ur old hard disk this type of format make all HDD bits values is zero.

by this way no one can get ur data back except he is voodoo magician :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online