"Remove USB Device" Icon not showing up in taskbar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Satsumomo

You know, the small icon that appears in your taskbar when connecting a USB device? It no longer shows up, so now I have to go to Windows Explorer and click "Eject" directly on the USB device. How can I have this icon re-appear?

It's the one that let's you select your USB device to "Safely remove device".

happened to me quite a few times on my laptop ...

if it is not just 'hidden', try this

Start, Run, paste this line and click OK:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll

This will bring up the add remove wizard. When I did this, it actually put the icon back in my task bar as soon as I removed my USB drive.

you're more than welcome. please mark your post as solved, use the 'thread tools' in your original post.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online