1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Removed Virus, left behind some problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by eddiewinslow, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Thread Starter

Hello all,
    Last night my computer was infected with the malware "System Error Fixer", which completely ravaged my computer. I downloaded SuperAntiSpyware, which pretty much completely got rid of the virus, but it left behind some problems which I do not know how to fix. I've taken some screenshots to better show you the problems.
    [​IMG]
    This is what happens when I try to go to the display control panel. I don't know how to let my computer allow me to go to this window.
    [​IMG]
    This picture shows what is permanently displayed by the clock in the lower left hand corner of the screen. How do I get rid of it?
    [​IMG]
    This shows what happens when I go to my computer. My C: Drive is no longer displayed, even though everything on my hard drive is still there. How do I get the icon for the C: Drive back?
    [​IMG]
    This shows what happens when I click on the start menu. The all programs tab has disappeared, as well as the "log-off" button. How do I get these back?

Also when I press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, a window similar to the first picture pops up saying that the administrator has disallowed this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756829

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice