1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Removed WEbHancer ..RPC server disabled

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bezer, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bezer

bezer Thread Starter

First I would like to thank you for providing this gracious service to the computer community. Thanks!!

I removed a program named WEbHancer and then ran the newest Adaware version which subsequently recommended that I remove certain registry keys and files from my computer that were determined to be data miners. During the remove process in Adaware my computer "running Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 " alerted me that it was going to shut down "something about NT_authority" in the message. So I went into the task-manager and turned the running services off so I could remove the recommended stuff and it did;then it all "hit the fan". After this I could not run much of the operating system and most of the services are inoperable because they depended on the RPC service to be running.

I attempted several times to restart, start the RPC server and it won't restart. I even tried to restore my system and it will not because the RPC server is not running. I am really in trouble if I cannot fix my computer as I need it for my business.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

The Beez

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

3. bezer

bezer Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!