removing C:\Windows safely

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

liqourmaster

I have two windows folders. C:\Windows & C:\Windows2. Windows2 is the one I am using right now because I f'd up the first one. Each folder takes up about 2GB.
is there a way to remove my first windows installation safely? I believe you can just delete the Windows folder but it would still be registered in the computer.
ex. when I boot up it asks me which OS I want to go to:
"Windows XP Media Centre Edition" or "Windows XP Media Centre Edition". The first one being "Windows2" & the latter being "Windows".
Any proper way to remove it?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Remove \WINDOWS, then fire up MSCONFIG and let it check all the boot paths. You can remote the one that isn't valid, and it'll stop asking the question at boot.

liqourmaster

cool seems to have worked perfectly. I had to cut and paste the entire folder elsewhere b/c some macromedia flash files could not be deleted. They only take 2.33MB... there are a lot of hidden files that take up about 600MB which I cant see even with the show hidden files. Any programs to delete the entire folder for me?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online