Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

removing duplicate email in OE6

790 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Walterose 
#1 ·
Greetings Folk, :)

After major problems, I have imported several folders of DBX files. For whatever reason (please dont ask :eek:) ) i have multiple back up folders with mostly duplicat info but with lots of non duplicate info in the various back up folders as well.

Question:-
1 - How do i delete the duplicates.
2 - i seem to have lost my Outlook Express subfolders is there a way to reveal them if possible.

Thanks
Walterose

#2 ·
Hi Walterose

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Importing will do that, keep adding and adding with each subsequent Import performed. :eek:
I usually try an Import using a new Identity first to see what results I can expect, "NOW you tell me", you say :rolleyes:

This is what I have found so far that relates to duplicate messages:
http://www.oehelp.com/OEX/Default.aspx
Not free though.

Subfolders created under the Inbox or other folders?
Do you have Outlook Express configured to show all folders?
Tools > Options > General tab
place a checkmark in: Automatically display folders with unread messages
Close Outlook Express, then restart, subfolders should be showing if they contain unread messages.

Do you have Subfolders at all?

You can also check the directory where your Store Folder is kept and see if you can locate the names of the folders that appear to be missing.
In Outlook Express
Tools > Options > Maintenance tab
click the Store Folder button to see the path where the Identity keeps its .dbx files.
Close Outlook Express.
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to that directory and search for those folders.

Or run a Search
key in:
*.dbx
and look through the Search results for your missing folders.

If you locate the missing folders and they are still not showing in Outlook Express, Close Outlook Express, locate the Folders.dbx file and rename it Folders.old.

Close your Search window and restart Outlook Express, a fresh new Folders.dbx file will be created and your missing folders should now appear.

You will no longer have subfolders after renaming the Folders.dbx file and all folders will line up under the Default folders in Alphabetical order.

Let us know what you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.