1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Removing files from backup file folder

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by trikymickey, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trikymickey

trikymickey Thread Starter

Howdy out there in computer world:
    I need some help today, and would sure appreciate if someone could tell me how to remove enough files from my backup folder, so that I have enough room on a 700 MB CD to make a backup CD. I keep clicking on my backup folder, but it will not let me see the files. Thank you very much.
    Mick Whetsyone
    triky mickey

2. Emtronics

Emtronics

If I understand right, you are trying to see what's in your Backup Folder and nothing is listed?? Is this WinXP?? Where is this Backup Folder located? Is this 3rd party software that's backing up files?

3. trikymickey

trikymickey Thread Starter

I am trying to figure out how to remove backup files in Windows XP so that I have enough room to install them on a 700 MB CD. I have the files backed up in a seperate folder, but I can't see what's in the folder. I used the Windows XP backup wizard to back up my system. Thank you much.
    trikymickey

4. Emtronics

Emtronics

I have never used XP's Backup. I assume though MS puts the backup files in .cab form which may or maynot be why you can't "see" them. My post will bump up your problem and maybe someone else here may enlighten us both. :D

5. Bytebabe

Bytebabe

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117757

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice