Removing Hard Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Crispy Monk

I want to remove the second hard drive for my PC so i can re-use it elsewhere.

I've copied all of the files I need to another drive, but there are 2 folders left, which are hidden:

Recycler
System Volume Information

What shoudl I do with these?

Should I just delete them or will this cause something to stop working.

OS is W2k, and this drive has just been used to store files - no applications / system info.

Thanks

I would leave them on the HDD and just remove it out. Then on the new system do a fresh format of the drive before you install the OS.

Recyler is part of the recycle binand the System Volume Information is actually your system restore stuff. Neither will hurt much but you don't need to move or do anything with them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online