Removing icon background

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BillC

I need help please. Actually I need a lot of help, but we won't go there. Anyway, I'd like to remove the 'white' background on my icon so that only the yellow jacket and GT are remaining.

Can anyone point me to a utility that will do this? Freeware or shareware would be nice. This is the only project I have in mind for now.

Thanks,

BillC

BillC

Hey RSM123,

Thanks for the site. It is cool. I tried the modification, but it didn't totally make it work. But you got the idea right.

If I can get a 'cleaner' icon, I'd like that. It was the best thus far.

Thanks,

BillC

BillC ,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I cannot offer any actual help with your Avatar.

With luck your post may be seen by people who can help you out. Might suggest you use TSG Search for previous posts on Avatars in case anyone ever posted a 'walkthrough'.

Take Care.

Richard.

BillC

Thanks agai Richard,

It does not get rid of 100% of the white background, but rather about 95%. But, I'm darn happy to know about the site. :)

BillC

W

wanabe_buck

Some images need to be cleaned up a little after adding transparency to them. An image editor that allows you to edit pixel by pixel helps to do this.

I cleaned this a little for you...

buck

Attachments

BillC

Thank You Buck

You did just what I was looking for in the icon. I just didn't much care for the white background. I had some without the background, but bigger and they lose in downsizing {50x50}

Could you tell me the name of the tool you used? I'm not up on picture editors and the like.

Best regards,

BillC

W

wanabe_buck

Hi again

I used Animation Shop 3 which comes with Paint Shop Pro...a Jasc Software product...

Basiclly I just erase the unwanted parts

I'm sure there are other animators that will allow you to edit pixel by pixel...I don't have any names at the tip of my tounge...maybe someone will stop by with others

buck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts