1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Removing icon background

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by BillC, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BillC

BillC Thread Starter

I need help please. Actually I need a lot of help, but we won't go there. Anyway, I'd like to remove the 'white' background on my icon so that only the yellow jacket and GT are remaining.

Can anyone point me to a utility that will do this? Freeware or shareware would be nice. This is the only project I have in mind for now.

Thanks,

BillC

2. BillC

BillC Thread Starter

Here is the icon.

Attached Files:

3. RSM123

RSM123

4. BillC

BillC Thread Starter

Hey RSM123,

Thanks for the site. It is cool. I tried the modification, but it didn't totally make it work. But you got the idea right.

If I can get a 'cleaner' icon, I'd like that. It was the best thus far.

Thanks,

BillC

5. RSM123

RSM123

BillC ,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I cannot offer any actual help with your Avatar.

With luck your post may be seen by people who can help you out. Might suggest you use TSG Search for previous posts on Avatars in case anyone ever posted a 'walkthrough'.

Take Care.

Richard.

6. BillC

BillC Thread Starter

Thanks agai Richard,

It does not get rid of 100% of the white background, but rather about 95%. But, I'm darn happy to know about the site. :)

BillC

7. wanabe_buck

wanabe_buck Guest

Some images need to be cleaned up a little after adding transparency to them. An image editor that allows you to edit pixel by pixel helps to do this.

I cleaned this a little for you...[​IMG]

buck

Attached Files:

• gt.gif
      gt.gif
      File size:
      1.8 KB
      Views:
  8. BillC

BillC Thread Starter

Thank You Buck

You did just what I was looking for in the icon. I just didn't much care for the white background. I had some without the background, but bigger and they lose in downsizing {50x50}

Could you tell me the name of the tool you used? I'm not up on picture editors and the like.

Best regards,

BillC

9. wanabe_buck

wanabe_buck Guest

Hi again

I used Animation Shop 3 which comes with Paint Shop Pro...a Jasc Software product...

Basiclly I just erase the unwanted parts

I'm sure there are other animators that will allow you to edit pixel by pixel...I don't have any names at the tip of my tounge...maybe someone will stop by with others

buck

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165461

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice