1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Removing Kaspersky Stops Print Spooler

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by BobV365, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobV365

BobV365 Thread Starter

I have found that removing Kaspersky Internet Security causes the Print Spooler to stop running when my Windows 8.1 computer is restarted. I have tried using the Kaspersky Removal Tool (kavremover.exe) in safe mode to completely remove Kaspersky. And when I restarted the computer, the Print Spooler was not running. I can manually start the Print Spooler service, but upon restarting the computer again it is not running. As soon as I reinstall Kaspersky, the Print Spooler starts when the computer is restarted. For some reason, the Print Spooler on my Windows 8.1 computer is affected by Kaspersky Internet Security. I can't figure out how to remove Kaspersky and use Windows Defender and still have the Print Spooler start when the computer is restarted. Any recommendations?

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Hi BobV375,

Just curious, do you have the latest Kaspersky Internet Security which is:
    2015 15.0.2.361 MR2

If not, you can download it from here:
    http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/software-upgrades/

It has a lot of bug fixes and improvements, once downloaded, uninstall your version, reboot, install the newest one, do a Manual update, reboot and see if that solves your problem.

Good luck
    Ray

3. BobV365

BobV365 Thread Starter

Hi Ray,

Yes, I do have the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security 2015. I downloaded and installed it from the Kaspersky website before writing my original post.

BobV365

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice