1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Removing Login Password WinXP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hrc987, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hrc987

hrc987 Thread Starter

I put in a password to log in on Windows XP, where another user is using the computer. I then removed the password, so we could share all folders.

However, now, I cannot browse to the other user. although he can browse to me.

In "Sharing and Security" the "Make My folders Private" is checked, and I want to uncheck it. However, it is checked AND grayed out, so I cannot change it.

I ran the "sharing" wizard, but that does not help.

How do I get the grayed out checkmark UNchecked for "make my folders private"???

Thanks

2. dai

dai

are you logging on as admin

3. hrc987

hrc987 Thread Starter

4. dai

dai

that is most likely the reason it is greyed out

5. hrc987

hrc987 Thread Starter

How do I log on as "admin" and still keep my settings as who I am on the computer? Isn't logging on as "admin" a separate user? If not, if you could please let me know how I would do that, I would be most appreciative. Thanks!

6. dai

dai

i always log on as admin,that gives me access to everything.you can give admin rights to any user.
    go into the control panel/user accounts
    and configure the accounts to your likeing

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167439

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice