1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Removing MS JAVA from Windows 98

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by hamster009, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamster009

hamster009 Thread Starter

My Java is not working. I Know that installing msjava (or sun) while the old VM is still there will not work. I know that you can use Win98lite to remove IE which removes MS Java then you can reinstall IE which reinstalls the VM from scrach.

I want to be able to delte the JAVA VM from windows manualy. I tried looking at the Java.inf file and removing files and registry keys that it installs but I dont think I got everyhting and I'm not positive if I delted the right keys in some cases. I know I did something wrong because When I tried to reinstall MS JAVA I got errors and it wouldnt reinstall.

I looked at the Microsoft article thats supposed to guide you through removing VM from windows manualy but the article is cut half way and you don't get to see the steps that shows how to remove it!!!! If you want to see for your self see Knowledge base article # 168806

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

2. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

3. hamster009

hamster009 Thread Starter

No that article is not complete I already checked!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115984

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice