removing 'Network Password" at start up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

amer_1

Hello, I installed Win ME and for some reason the damn "ENTER YOUR NETWORK PASSWORD" option keeps popping up. How can I get rid of it??

Thanks.

Remove your network card from the machine and reboot. Once you reboot go to Network neighbourhood and remove the clients that maybe there. That is of course if your machine is not on a network. reboot the machine and put back your network card. It should not give you the problem again.

Rgds

If your not on a Network and have no use for the Network Logon box do this,

Start>Find>Files, key in *.pwl and press enter. Right click on each and select Rename. Now rename each one you find to .old. For instance, bryan.pwl would be renamed to bryan.old

Now do this, Start>Settings>CP>Network. In the window titled "Primary Logon", click on the dropdown box and and select, "Windows Logon". Follow the prompts to restart.

Now at startup you should get a "Windows Logon" box. Be sure your user name is in the UserName box and leave the password blank. Click on OK. It's important that you click on OK and not Cancel.

Now after it's restarted, restart again to be sure you don't get the logon box any longer.

Let us know what happens.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online