1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

removing non working Outlook 2k2 folder

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by danno74, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. danno74

danno74 Thread Starter

During a move to a new PC, one of our counsels was trying to re-establish her personal folders from a .pst file we made of all her email before the move. From fumbling around and getting the file in the correct place, there are two non working personal folder icons in the folder tree in Outlook that I cannot get rid of - can't right click, can't outright hit delete, nothing. Not a huge issue obviously, but can anyone tell me how to get rid of these?

THANKS!

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

I don't have Outlook 2K2, but try going to Tools, Services and see if you can Remove the folders. That has worked in previous versions all the way back to Exchange....

3. awfergusson

awfergusson

Using Outlook 2000, "Tools" does not have "Services"

I am working on the same problem.

"Help" "Detect and Repair" does not do it. But you will take a long time.

Removing and reinstalling doesn't help. I am now up to 5 extra non-functioning personal folders!

4. awfergusson

awfergusson

Go to the one you want to remove, Right Click on it, then select Close "Personal Folders"

I am so happy.

5. danno74

danno74 Thread Starter

I have right clicked, I get an error window. And under Outlook 2k, under the Tool menu there is a Services option. Under Outlook 2002, there is no services option, you have to go in the control panel and go to the Mail icon and click on the second option, I think data ... there you can see the personal folders. I had looked there yesterday and they all weren't listed, but now they are for some reason.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115891

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice