1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Removing Norton 2004

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by PGAOE7, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PGAOE7

PGAOE7 Thread Starter

Hi all,

Am having a nightmare, recently installed Norton Internet Security 2004. As it was slowing my PC down something chronic I decided to remove the whole package and just install the anti-virus.

I've been following the Symantec web-site's instructions on how to remove norton if the add/remove program facility in control panel doesn't work and have been manually deleting the necessary folders as instructed. After re-starting my PC I've tried to go back onto the symantec website to proceed but find I can't expand the sections I need to obtain the necessary information.

I've tried installing Windows Script 5.6 as recommended on the Symantec website but each time I do I'm told that the installation hasn't passed the digital signing test and the installation has failed because the data is invalid.

Someone please help me before we see if a PC can fly!

Seriously, any help would be very gratefully appreciated.

Thanks peeps!

2. Akito

Akito

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!