1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Removing page numbers

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by 63yo, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 63yo

63yo Thread Starter

Hello, Can anyone help me remove page numbering from documents. I'm using Word on Windows XP. Thanks.

2. raybro

raybro

Click the Insert tab. Near the center of the header are 3 options for Header and Footer. Click the little arrow to the right of Page Number and select Remove Page Numbers from the drop down menu. See attached screen shot

Attached Files:

3. 63yo

63yo Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply Raybro, but I'm working off Windows XP Pro and my page doesnt look anything like your thumbnail. Mine is just the plain old format. Thanks anyway. Regards.

4. raybro

raybro

The OS should not be a factor. What version of Word are you using? Mine is Office 2007.

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

The simplest way is to double-click the header (or footer, depending on the location of page numbers in your document), delete the number and click OK.

There's no other option in old versions of Word.

6. 63yo

63yo Thread Starter

Tried that, in fact I've tried everything except standing on my head, but nothing seems to remove the numbers, so will have to give up and re-type a new document. Thanks for your help. Regards,

7. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

The document is possibly corrupt.

8. 63yo

63yo Thread Starter

Office/Word 2003, so its an old version.

9. raybro

raybro

Been a long time since I used Word 2003, but I did find this. Hope it's of some help.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030672

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice