1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Removing Plastic Cover HP Printer Ink jet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vicktor, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vicktor

vicktor Thread Starter

I have an HP Printer inkjet, 840 series, I am trying to remove the right side cover in order to get to the ink drip pan. The pan is so full of packed ink, it looks more like tar. I removed the one screw on the cover right side cover but after that I can't figure how to continue to remove the plastic cover in order to get to the ink drip pan and clean the mess out.

Does the right side cover come off by itself, or is there a previous section that needs removal first? How do you remove that right side plastic cover? I've tried searching, navigating to literally hundreds of sites, forum help, etc, lots of discussions about the printers, etc, but no where do I find info on removing and/or dismantling the HP Printer. Help please..

2. vicktor

vicktor Thread Starter

3. Lurker1

Lurker1

Hi vicktor
    Unfortunately HP considers printers like this disaposable so you probably wont find any instructions on removing the covers. Hp usually likes to use one or two screws and have the rest of the plastic parts just snap into place. With a good light and a little prying you can usually finad out how to get a cover off of their printers. You can also try adding some water to where the ink is dryed up and use some extra long Q-tips to clean up the mess without removing the cover. BOL

4. vicktor

vicktor Thread Starter

Lurker1,

Well, I tell you, at least you got me to first base. OK, now that I know more or less what to do, I'll take it from here. Many thanks for the direction..
    BTW, I'm glad I joined this tech info forum..

Next, I think i will post a problem with a Maxtor One Touch back up 80 gb system. It sure is complicated for me even with the booklet ..:>)

Vicktor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/268069

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice