1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

removing program from my add + remove

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stingray_on, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stingray_on

stingray_on Thread Starter

after I dealt with SP2 ,I thought I had Office Xp in my computer from an old version and I couldnt uninstall it. I did it not have the disc, I went to the registry like Dreamboat suggested on his tips to manually remove from the registry. I couldnt find it. I did a search on my computer for files on Office XP with front page and nothing came up. Is not on my programs list when I click start, programs.

When I tried to remove from the Add and remove it give me a symbol #% in the browse line. When I look for it , it says proplus msi file is missing.
    Is possible that the office XP is just in my add and remove list and not in my computer.

How can I delete from the list and how can I be sure that is not in my computer? BTW, I got Norton's clean sweep.

2. TOF

TOF

Sounds like you don't have it installed anymore. If youare uncomfortable working with your registry, try this utility out. It has an option to tweak your add/remove list.

3. rude

rude

Make sure you backup the registry before editing.
    Select Start / Run Type: regedit OK

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

The Add/Remove Programs list is built from the keys listed beneath the Uninstall folder.

Locate the key for the program that has been uninstalled, right click the key and click Delete.

Be very careful. Once the key has been deleted it's impossible to use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall if you make an incorrect selection

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!