1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Removing programs from auto startup (Kubuntu)

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by tommo020788, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommo020788

tommo020788 Thread Starter

Hi, I recently installed kubuntu, and have customized it to look the way I want and everything, but I have noticed that every time I log in, it is automaticly starting a bunch of programs and running them in the background,
    like an audio player that came with kubuntu, a messenger program that came with kubuntu,
    and various other programs that were automaticly installed when I installed kubuntu.

Surely there is a way to stop these programs from automaticly starting at log in, but I am still a bit new to all of this...

So could someone please give me some info to get this done either through Terminal, or through an app of some kind?

Also, If I can remove some of these programs from auto startup, I would like to then add 1 or more programs to automaticly startup at log in.

Cheers
    Tom

2. arochester

arochester

Look at System -> System Settings -> Advanced -> Autostart>

3. tommo020788

tommo020788 Thread Starter

Hi, I tried having a look in there, but the only thing that shows up in there, is
    There doesnt seem to be any individual programs in there for me to add/remove.

Any more advice?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!