Removing remembered reg changes with S&D?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Anon23

I have tons of registry changes that pop up at startup. I didnt realize orriginally thats why they were there. I thought the remember function was for if the change did not take affect correctly. Either way, i can not find the function in Spybot S&D to unremember these changes. I want to remove them from its list. Does anyone know how?

Anon23,
As far as I know, the only way to remove entries from Spybot's remember list is to uninstall and then reinstall the program.

bearone2

Banned
in the advanced part of spybot you can chec k/uncheck the boxes.

spybot doen't remove progams but cookies/references as to your internet use.

Anon23

Where in the advanced secton? I'm talking about registry change reminders, too, if were not on the same subject.

bearone2

Banned
mode can chage into advanced but i don't see anything about registry entries.:cool:

Anon23

Maybe im missunderstanding how it works. I made some more changes and now i only get two at startup. I guess its only the last so many changes. Or, maybe, thats not caused by the remember function. I didn't tell those to remember. I just accepted them on the popup.

I guess I have no idea what remember these changes does!

Anon23,
Spybot's remember function allows you to stop being prompted when spybot detects the registry change you are being asked about. If you follow the instructions I gave in a previous post to this thread about Spybot's t-timer, you should be able to stop these spybot popups entirely.

Anon23

oh i see. The ones i was talking about were the ones on the side of the desktop at startup telling you they are changed. Not the ones that ask you to accept. I'm guessing theyre related then.

I thought when i told it to remember it was causing the other popups to come up at startup. But they seem to lessen when i start making more changes. I want the popup to ask me for confirmation. I just didnt want so may of the other ones poping up and slowing down my startup. I was assuming those were because i had told others to be remembered and so they kept showing me that they were changed.

I'm not that sure of what its doing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online