1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Removing suite 2000 and installing suite 2002

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by airbag21, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. airbag21

airbag21 Thread Starter

I installed microsoft suite 2000 on my new pc which is running xp. The installation went fine; however, I do not have the codes to make word, etc. work. I tried to uninstall suite 2000; however, I get errors every time and it will not uninstall all the way. It is currently in add/delete programs section but it will just not uninstall all the way. What I am attempting to do is add suite 2002 to my xp. When I try and install the suite 2002, it says "installing suite 2000" and then it messes up and I get some more errors stating its unable to install it. I found the program that uninstalls suite 2000; however, it does not work with the xp operating system. Is there any way I can manually remove suite 2000 and all of its contents so I can install suite 2002? I hope someone can help me with this. Thank you very much. (Email removed by Moderator.)

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Hi, Airbag. I removed your email address 'cause you'll likely end up getting spam. There is software out there that searches the web for email-like strings... If you want to put your email on the web, you might try something like me-at-isp-com, so it's not recognized as an email string.

Anyway...

This is a task and a half. Start by going into Windows Explorer and deleting all Office stuff; probably C:\program files\microsoft office.

Then you need to delete it from the registry. Hit Start-Run and type regedit and hit enter.

Delete the 9.0 folder:

hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\office\9.0

If you have any other numbers, like 8.0 or 10.0, delete them too.

Close ALL programs. Hit Start-Run and type %temp% and hit enter. Delete all the files in there. If you have Windows 2000, there may be some folders you cannot delete, and that's okay. If it says there's hidden files, delete them too.

Try the install of XP.

3. airbag21

airbag21 Thread Starter

Ok, I didn't have a microsoft office folder. I went into the registry and deleted the two folders that were there, 9.0 & 10.0. I then deleted everything out of the temp folder from %temp%. When I tried to install the suite 2002, i got the following pop up error message "setup is unable register tasks". When it was trying to install it said "installing suite 2000" once again. For some reason it is still seeing 2000 somewhere. I tried to remove suite 2000 from the add/remove programs again but it come up with the same error message as the above. Anything else you can suggest? Please please please. :)

PS: thanks for removing my email address and giving me the suggestion on how to put your address so it cannot be identified. I guess from doing that, I got an email from a guy overseas wanting me to put a few million dollars in my bank account and then transfer it to him and I get to keep 25% of it. Yeah right, I believe that one. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Oh, come on! Where's your sense of adventure!?? You coulda been a millionaire! LOL!

Hey, when do you get this message? At what point of install? Can you get to the part where it asks if you want to do a custom or typical install? Do custom, and install to c:\office02 or somewhere BESIDES c:\program files...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171521

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice