Removing "Windows XP Setup" option that appears at boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bunner bob

I set my PC up as dual boot, with XP on the C drive and 98 on the D (or is it E) drive. But when I boot under 98, during the boot process I get two options:
- Windows XP Setup
- Microsoft Windows (which is Windows 98)

Of course the cursor by default lands on Windows XP Setup, so if I do nothing that launches automatically and I have to quit, restart, etc.

I figure I must have installed this when I was initially setting up XP. Is there some way to get rid of it? I no longer need to "set up" XP, and want it to just boot into 98 by default when I select that drive as my boot drive.

Thanks - and great to find this forum. I'm a knowledgeable Mac guy but pretty uneducated when it comes to the PC.

- Bob

bunner bob

Just to clarify a little - these options appear during the boot process (i.e. in white on a black screen). Can I safely uninstall this "Windows XP Setup" option, and if so, how should I do it?

Anybody?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online