Removing Write Protection from DVD?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

7687mango

I have this audio CD that I found recently, and I want to clear everything off of the CD (there's only like, one song on it). Unfortunately, it's write protected, so I'm not really sure how to get around that? I've been searching the internet for hours and I still can't find anything that had to do with the removal of the write protection that's on the CD.

When I tried to restore it to its defaults, it came up with this popup:

What can I do about this? Can I even do anything at all?

Computer Information:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A8-5545M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 19 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 7364 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8510G, 768 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 922 GB (788 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 04VD0G
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi 7687mango, and welcome to TSG.

Your subject line mentions DVD, but your question is about a CD.

Unless the disc in question is a CD-RW type, there is no way to erase a song from an Audio CD. You can erase the entire contents of a burned CD-RW disc and then record on it again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online